Friday, March 18, 2011

I'ts Not Easy Being Green

Do you remember watching Sesame Street when you were just a child and Kermit the Frog would sit on a log out in the pond and sing with great emotion, "It's not easy being green...." Well, it's not always easy turning a meal into a green-fest either. But last night, in honor of St. Patrick's Day, I did.


First, I started with a lovely green and white checkered tablecloth and a green and white floral centerpiece that Emily created. Beautiful!

For dinner, I served sweet and sour cabbage rolls. The less said about this, the better. My family sadly lacks the cooked cabbage taste buds. We were not fans. Ron however gave me props for trying another new recipe. He is grateful that I am willing to try new things out occasionally.


We also enjoyed green rice.


Green home-made bread. (I know--it's hard to see that it's green, but it is.)


Green Jello.


Green cheesecake with little green shamrock sprinkles on top. Aren't they cute?


And a lovely green bottle of Martinelli's sparking apple cider.


It was a lovely evening.

And the best part--no one got pinched!

1 comment: