Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Goal Accomplished!

Have you missed me?

I've missed you.

I have spent the past five weeks intently working on my last BYU class. I have spent the past five weeks reviewing textbooks and notes of all the courses I have taken. I have spent the last five weeks doing research for my capstone class. I have spent the last five weeks writing many papers. This has left little free time for blogging. Or cleaning my house. Or making nutritious meals.

It has left little free time to read books. Or talk on the phone. Or do fun things with my family.

But, it's been worth it. I've taken 14 classes the past five years. Finally, I'm done.

A few minutes ago, I submitted a 12 page research paper, a 6 page paper, a 24 page paper, and two one page papers, along with assorted other necessary documents to prove that I have learned something the past five years.

I am sitting at my computer weeping tears of joy that the journey is over. I am happy the finals are over. I am SO glad I don't have to write any more research papers. I am relieved that I don't have to figure out exactly what my instructor wants sitting at my computer 800 miles from their office.

I am sitting at my computer weeping tears of sadness that the journey is over. I have LOVED going back to school and learning new things. I have LOVED having my mind and imagination opened to new concepts. I will miss being a BYU student. It has been a joyous journey.

I want to shout to the world that almost 30 years after I left college to raise a family...

GOAL ACCOMPLISHED!!!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Mom! You're amazing! I'm so excited for graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for Loralee! You worked hard and you did it. What a wonderful feeling of accomplishment you must have. You did a great thing and should be WELL PLEASED with yourself. I am very well pleased with you too.

    ReplyDelete