Friday, January 22, 2010

Pets, Planets, Plus Four More

Random questions that you probably always wanted to know about me but were afraid to ask....

1. What is your pet hate?


I grew up with 1 1/2 dogs. Our first dog was a stray who my dad named "Dog." (I wanted to call her Lucky.) She spent many years with our family. One day she escaped our home and found true love with our favorite neighbor's dog "Spook." Dog had puppies. We gave most of them away but kept one who my dad called "Cat." That way we would have a dog AND a cat.

Cat did not stay with the family a long time because Cat kept getting larger and larger and needed more space. We found a good home for Cat, too. I guess that is why I would say that we had 1 1/2 dogs, because Cat was not a long time part of the family.

My own children had a cat, Trixie, a rabbit, Dixie, a frog, Pixie, a toad named Pixie the Second, and a lizard named Ixie. Do you see a pattern? The two Pixies and Ixie did not live a long time. We really think that Pixie the Second was eaten by Trixie. (This was a fact that I could not share with my children for a very long time.) I'm not sure what happened to Pixie I or Ixie. Perhaps I don't WANT to remember. Sadly, Trixie and Dixie are buried in the backyard burial grounds where we remember them both with fondness. I can handle all these pets. So, what is my pet hate? I would say a rat, even if it was named Rixie and also a snake, even if it was called Flixie.

2. If you had the choice of living on any planet, then which one it be and why?

Well, I would prefer to live on planet Earth because it has actual air to breathe, water to drink, and it's pretty beautiful. But....if I had to choose another planet in our solar system, I would choose Venus because everyone knows that men are from Mars and Women are from Venus.

If I could choose a planet outside our solar system, I would choose the planet closest to Kolob.


3. It’s your birthday and everyone forgets what would you do?

Well, this actually did happen one year. My entire family forgot. I mean, my entire family. No one remembered and I didn't say anything all day long. I felt very sorry for myself. Now, I would remind everyone several times before the big day, "So, it's my birthday. Where are you taking me for dinner?" I probably would make sure that I had at least one birthday present, too--even if I had to buy it myself.


4. Do you think you are good at recycling?

I think I am excellent at recycling. I am the one that takes out recyclables from one trash can and puts it in the right container.


5. Cash or credit?

Oh, definitely cash although I usually use my debit card for most store purchases so I don't have to carry cash with me. When I do use my credit card (for on-line purchases for example) it's always paid off each month.

6. Car or public transport!?

Car. Enough said.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't know we had so many pets. So... when I'm done with junior year my aquarium needs some place to live.. any takers? -wink wink nudge nudge hint hint-

    I'd choose Earth since it's the only planet with CHOCOLATE. - That's a flair by the way.

    I wasn't born when we forgot your birthday, I am indeed innocent!

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your aquarium needs a home....I'm up for an eel, a living rock, and other creatures as long as you keep the aquarium clean. What should we call the eel? Mixie? Zixie? Pixie the Third?

    Good point on the chocolate! Although I think Heaven MUST have chocolate, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! We have a living rock, eel, sea anemone, clown fish, and a blue damsel. We might be getting a crab or a snail. Well.. we'd have to buy the aquarium and other things, and what will happen to it when I got off to college? I think Aaron already named the eel since he bought it, but his name isn't as cool as Zixie!

    Well, it wouldn't be heaven if they didn't have chocolate.

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm kind of surprised you would let an eel in the house, Mom.

    "If I could choose a planet outside our solar system, I would choose the planet closest to Kolob." I totally laughed out loud on that one!

    I don't remember the year we forgot your birthday. Sad! For some reason, I have a really hard time remembering any date that falls between the 16th and the 19th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I shouldn't let an eel in the house. It is very close in appearance to a snake and a snake is just gross!

    You forgot my birthday when you were either in 3rd or 4th grade. We were attending your school open house and the only person who remembered my birthday was Susan Welton. When she wished me a happy birthday, your dad, you, and your sisters looked shocked and probably a little embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. But it's a snowflake eel, it's very cute! It's not even 6 inches long!

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete