Thursday, March 24, 2011

Just the Way You Are

This morning I did a step workout that combined circuits of cardio and strength training. I had not done this tape in nearly a year and I forgot how quickly it moved.

"Turn off the heater," I exclaimed to Ron as beads of perspiration were running down my face. "I'm hot."

Oh yeah. That's right. A real woman NEVER perspires. OR sweats. I was glowing in an over-abundant way.

Ron kindly turned off the heater even though he said it was FREEZING in our house.

It felt like 95 degrees to me.

Fifty minutes later, I was finished. It was time to take Emily to school.

"Oh, Emily," I said as we were walking out the door, "I am so hot and sweaty."

And then she burst into song,

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile,
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are!

Somehow, I don't think Bruno Mars was picturing a glowing, middle-aged woman wearing sweats and an old T-shirt as he sang this song.

But it put a smile on my face as we loudly sang together.

3 comments:

  1. I hate coming home from my runs after work because inevitably it's 75 degrees in our house and it feels SO hot. I end up taking almost a cold shower to compensate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you weren't emulating stink rays of death! [=

    But the line:
    "Somehow, I don't think Bruno Mars was picturing a glowing, middle-aged woman wearing sweats and an old T-shirt as he sang this song."

    Pretty much made my month. [=

    ReplyDelete
  3. Southern women say they are "dewy". ;-)

    ReplyDelete