Friday, March 4, 2011

Little Letters--BYU Edition

Here are some little letters I would like to send to BYU.

Dear BYU,

Congratulations! You made The Today Show this morning as they discussed the suspension of one of your key BYU basketball players because he broke the Honor Code. I know that BYU was recently voted #3 in the nation. I know the NCAA championships are rapidly approaching. But, may I just say that as a current student (with one class left) how PROUD I am of you for making the Honor Code real and relevant. Each year as I meet with my Bishop, I commit to living the Honor Code and I'm glad the rules aren't bent for your star players. Yes, you lost a game against New Mexico after he was cut. Yes, you may not do as well in the polls next Monday. Yes, there are many, many people who just don't get it. But I do. So thanks!

Sincerely,
A Current Student


Dear BYU,

Thank you so much for having such AMAZING performing arts groups! Last night, Ron, Emily, and I attended the International Folk Dance Ensemble and we LOVED it! We loved the energy of the dancers and the Mountain Strings band. The performers radiated joy and light and love. As we watched them perform one high energy number after another, I wondered, "How do they do it?" As we left the venue, I overheard one man ask a male performer, "How many calories do you burn up there?" I never heard the answer, but that's what I want to know, too!

Love,
A Very Happy Fan


Dear BYU,

So, do I get to graduate in April with my darling daughter, Jennifer or do I need to come back in August and graduate by myself? It's been almost three weeks since I sent in the paperwork asking if it would be possible to change my graduation date from August to April. I haven't heard anything. Think about the memories and photo opportunities that another mother-daughter pair could have graduating together? Think how GOOD it would look in a commercial on BYUTV advertising the success of the BGS program? Think how GOOD Jennifer and I would look in print ads? Please consider this and get back to me as soon as possible.

Very sincerely,
A Hopeful Graduate

No comments:

Post a Comment