Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tick. Tick. Tick.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

For the past week or so, I have been waking up between 3 and 4:00 am. As I stare at the clock, I will myself to go back to sleep. I try to relax and think of pleasant memories, but all the things that are going on right now keep coming to the front of my mind. I'm unable to push the thoughts back down to my sub-conscious mind so that I can go back to sleep.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

How am I going to finish this last BYU class by March 26th? I have to write three papers, including a 10 page research paper. My topic is interesting, but will I be able to pull it off? I have spent over a week going through my old textbooks looking for resources. I have spent over a week doing research on-line. I have spent over a week taking notes, compiling information, and trying to figure out some type of outline for this paper. Slowly, ideas are coming together, but I don't know if it's coming fast enough. Every night, I wake up thinking about my topic and what steps I need to accomplish that day if I HOPE to be finished on time.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

My stomach churns as I think about the Young Women Camp fundraiser. This is definitely out of my comfort zone. I've never helped with a fundraiser before and now, I'm in charge. I asked the young women to turn in their information on Sunday. Only five girls did. Before Saturday, I need to collect all the information, consult with my "chefs" and shop for the food. I sent out an SOS e-mail to the other Young Women leaders on Sunday expressing my concerns. I'm so grateful that they are willing to help out. But, I am worried that I'm forgetting important details. I'm worried that this is going to be a flop. I feel like I'm proving myself in my new ward that I CAN do challenging things and I'm worried that I am going to mess everything up. So, I lay awake in the early hours of the morning thinking about what needs to be done and hoping that everything turns out.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

I hope I sleep tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you do! I had a miserable night last night. Woke up around 3-ish and never fell into a deep sleep again. Only 4 solid hours of sleep, and then some light fractured sleep. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete