Saturday, March 26, 2011

We Believe

This evening, Emily and I attended the Young Women broadcast. It was wonderful. The talks by the General Young Women presidency were inspiring. The message from President Eyering was thought-provoking. I'm looking forward to reading them in the May Ensign so I can digest their messages fully. The theme tonight was I Believe. I believe in being honest and true. I believe in being benevolent. I believe in being virtuous. President Eyering taught eloquently how we can believe--how we can have a living, growing testimony all the time. He mentioned Alma 32 quite a bit and explained how we can gain our own testimony. I had finished re-reading Alma 32 earlier in the week so many of his references were very fresh.

One thing he said that impressed me was, (and I'm paraphrasing) "Every time I read the Book of Mormon I take Moroni's challenge and pray and ask Heavenly Father if the Book of Mormon is true. This is one way that I keep my testimony living and growing."

I've done that myself occasionally, but I can't say I've prayed about the truthfulness every time I've finished reading it. It's something that I need to do.

As I was sitting in the chapel next to Emily, I suddenly realized that this was the last Young Women meeting I would attend with a daughter. I've been attending one of these meetings since 1994 when Christie was 12. Every year for 15 years, at least one daughter has sat by me in the chapel. I'm feeling a little nostalgic that another chapter is coming to a close.

However, I may have the opportunity of sitting in the chapel with my daughters for the Relief Society broadcasts. That will be a lovely experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment