Monday, May 23, 2011

Judgment Day

Last Saturday was SUPPOSED to be the end of the world as we know it...at least according to one religious leader.

So, what did you do?

I slept in until 7:00 am. If I wasn't taken up with the chosen few, this might be the last good night sleep I would enjoy for many months.

I took a nice long walk with Ron--up and down a nearby hill. If I wasn't taken up with the chosen few, I might as well get in shape in case I needed to start walking everywhere.

I enjoyed a lovely breakfast and lunch with my loved ones. I wanted to make sure I enjoyed a couple more well-rounded, tasty meals because it might be the last good food I would enjoy in a very long time.

I gave the house a good cleaning on Friday because I didn't want to spend the last day of my possible mortal existence scrubbing toilets and mopping floors. A quick clean up and my house was ready to go--just in case I was ready to go.

I packed my bags and headed to the Central Valley. I really didn't know if the Central Valley would be any safer than where I currently live--although they are less prone to severe earthquakes.

I gave Ron a hug and a kiss good-bye and said, "If the world ends today--I'll see you on the other side." He promised he would call me later that night and make sure we were both still here on earth.

I dropped off Emily at an "end of the world" party where they talked, ate, watched Groundhog Day and counted down the seconds till the big event. Meanwhile--I bought a wedding shower gift, stocked up on canned goods for my food storage at a central valley grocery store (food is cheaper there then where I live) and picked up two dear friends for dinner. We laughed and talked and had a great time and sometime after 6:00 pm realized that nothing had happened.

We were still on earth. We hadn't felt any earthquakes. I guess the end of the world as we know it will happen another day.

So, how did you spend Saturday? Were you watching the clock? Was a part of your brain thinking, "What if this minister in Oakland is correct?" Did you do anything differently or was your Saturday pretty much the same?

2 comments:

  1. I had a good Saturday but not a productive one. Finished the grocery list, ran errands, went to a Sudweeks married female cousin lunch, taught Heather how to make bread, and attempted to be productive that night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least all the hoopla brought about some good discussion and a reminder we really do need to be more prepared for the REAL last day.

    I love the comment Zoe's facebook friend said, "Hey, there is Facebook in Heaven! Where are all you guys?"

    ReplyDelete