Thursday, January 20, 2011

Little Letters

Random letters for a Thursday afternoon....

Dear Regis,

How I will MISS you! You have brought great joy and delight to my life for the past many years. I remember as a young mother I would finally get around to eating my breakfast at 9:00 am--just in time to turn on your show and enjoy "Host Chat" with you and Kathie Lee. You were the adult companionship I had on a daily basis as I dealt with young children. You almost always were able to put a smile on my face. Thanks for the memories! I will miss you!

Sincerely,

A long time fan


Dear Costco Management,

May I say I have NEVER enjoyed shopping at Costco as much as I have recently. It's not the free food samples that makes me so happy. I rarely partake. It's not the closeness to my home. It's actually further away. But, let me tell you why I am so happy!

There are virtually NO lines where I shop now! It doesn't matter what time of the day or evening I shop, I usually only have to wait two to three minutes before I'm checked out. And you have a friendly employee that unloads my shopping cart for me! What service! I am going to Costco more frequently as a result. I am sure that is helping your bottom line!

Sincerely,

A very happy customer


Dear American Idol Producers,

I admit, I was skeptical about the changes. But last night, I was pleasantly surprised. The new judges are good! OK, I only saw the first hour of the show because teaching early morning seminary has caused a serious decrease in my television viewing habits. But what I saw pleased me. And that young 16 year old boy with the big grin? He reminds me of David Archuleta--who is my ALL-TIME favorite American Idol (even though he didn't win.) How can a season be bad with another wholesome David Archuleta wanna-be?

Just sayin'.

Sincerely,

I might actually watch this season if it stays as good as the first episode.

3 comments:

  1. I wish our Costco had shorter lines... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short Costco lines?!!! That's it....I'm moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think YOU should move to our lovely little town. That WOULD be a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete