Monday, April 18, 2011

Graduation Checklist

Graduation preparations are underway.

Cap and Gown....Check.

New dress for Emily....Check.

New outfit for me......Uncheck.

Haircut for Ron....Check.

Food for car trip.....Check.

Books on CD for trip.....Check.

Clean clothes....Check.

Oil change and full tank of gas.....Check.

I have searched for a cute new dress or skirt ensemble to wear for graduation without success. It doesn't really matter because no one will be able to SEE the cute new dress or skirt ensemble because of the robe covering it. But, it's always fun to have a new outfit. Not that it would fit in my undersized closet. But, I would have made ROOM for it somewhere. Sigh. How I miss my old closet. Now THAT was a closet! It was also where our newborns slept for the first few months of life. It was that big.

On the way home from work, Ron stopped and got a haircut. It was badly needed. Emily commented on his "tan line." There is a good half inch of white skin showing where his hair used to be.

"You look great!" I told him. "You are ready for our BGS commercial!"

"I haven't had a haircut!" Emily shrieked! "I'm not ready for the BGS commercial."

"Ahhh, but you have a cute new dress. That will make up for the hair."

Three more days....and I'll be an official college graduate!

Three more days to see if I'm offered a starring role in an upcoming BGS commercial.

Jennifer, how does your hair look?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, no! I don't have a cute new dress either! But, at least I've had a haircut in the last month or two. (Which is fairly recent for me, considering I only get them once or twice a year.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's OK about the cute dress. Whatever we're wearing will be hidden by our lovely navy blue gowns.

    ReplyDelete