Monday, November 15, 2010

White Hair is Not a Requirement

Last Friday morning I woke up at 3:20 am because I wanted to--not because I had insomnia. After getting ready for the day I was out the door by 4:35 am. I met up with my mom and Jack and we then got in their car to drive to the Oakland Temple. It was my first day of being a set apart temple volunteer and I was excited!

After the short, but interesting preparation meeting, I was given a short orientation and then my assignment began. My main duty is to help welcome men and women to the temple and answer any questions they might have. I actually had quite a few questions asked. I hope I answered them all correctly!

I have always enjoyed attending the temple and one reason is how friendly and kind everyone is. Now I am one of those temple workers! I am following in the footsteps of my mother, my mother-in-law, and my aunt. I am so glad I have this opportunity to serve in the temple.

P.S. White hair is not a requirement!

No comments:

Post a Comment