Thursday, October 1, 2009

Conference Weekend


President Thomas S. Monson

Photo Courtesy of LDS Church

I am looking forward to this coming weekend. Twice a year, we have the chance to listen to our church leaders as they speak at General Conference. I begin anticipating the event several weeks in advance. I can't wait to hear what our leaders have to say.

Last April, it seemed that many of our leaders talked about adversity. They spoke about faith and hope. They spoke about the temple. It seemed like every talk was given just for me. I soaked it in and felt reassured that everything would be OK even if my little world was in chaos.

As I listened carefully to what our church leaders had to say the quote that stood out to me six months ago was given by President Monson. During the Sunday morning session of General Conference he said,

"My beloved brothers and sisters, fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith."
This piece of advice became one of my lifelines as I tried to follow his counsel.

Six months ago, Ron knew he would be unemployed soon. I remember talking to him between conference sessions wondering what our lives would be like the next General Conference. I can testify that our Prophet was inspired in his message. Our future is bright. We know that Heavenly Father is mindful of us and He hears and answers our prayers. I cannot wait to hear the messages given this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment