Friday, December 17, 2010

Favorite Things

One of my favorite movies is The Sound of Music. Who doesn't love Julie Andrews or those adorable children? One of my favorite songs from that movie is "My Favorite Things." Barbra Streisand sings it on her Christmas album. (Yes, I own that one, too. I really AM a Christmas music addict.) So today, I am going to share with you some of my favorite things.

Hearing Ron's car pull up in the driveway. This thrills me EVERY SINGLE TIME! I know he's home safely from work and I am so happy to see him again.

A phone call or an e-mail from a family member or a friend. My family has the most fun with e-mails. One person will start an e-mail and pretty soon, a whole chain of e-mails will follow with someone adding their comment. I just LOVE my family!

Hearing the rain on my roof (like I am right now) and feeling warm and cozy inside my house. I love snuggling up under a blanket, a warm mug of hot cocoa nearby, and a great book in hand.

Going to lunch with my friends. It's lunch therapy for my soul.

Attending Women's Conference at BYU with my sisters and sister-in-laws. Not only are we spiritually fed, but we build a stronger bond. I hope the next generation joins us soon.

Going to the library. Some women enjoy window shopping. I enjoy walking up and down the aisles of the library, finding the "perfect" book for my mood.

Warm chocolate chip cookies straight from the oven. Warm Snickerdoodles straight from the Oven. Warm Peanut Blossoms straight from the oven. I just LOVE cookies! And that is why I don't bake as often as I used to. I love them too much!

Trying out a new recipe and having the whole family love it!

Going on long walks. I enjoy the exercise and I enjoy being outdoors. It's a great combination!

Setting a goal and actually accomplishing it! I feel so good inside when I do that.

So, what are some of your favorite things?

1 comment:

  1. A lot of your favorite things are my favorite things too. "Lunch therapy for my soul", so true. I would add, "Halloween" and watching old movies on TMC.

    ReplyDelete