Friday, December 10, 2010

Baking Beauty

When Ron and Emily came home yesterday afternoon, I greeted them at the front door with a big smile and an announcement:

"I am a Baking Beauty!"

Emily sniffed the air appreciatively. "Yes, you are!"

Ron smiled and said, "Let me give my Baking Beauty a hug."

All together now: "Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!"

OK, I promise no more mushy stuff.

As they walked into the kitchen, this is what they saw.


Mmmm....Cookies!
And do you see that beautiful centerpiece in the background?
Do you want a closer look?
Here you go!

Emily made this centerpiece in her floral design class. I LOVE it!


Yes, there were over eight dozen Peanut Blossoms--warm and yummy from the oven. Last night I attended a Relief Society cookie exchange. Six dozen of my cookies, along with 20 recipes were given out. In return, I came home with this:


Even more delicious cookies!

As Ron sampled one of my peanut blossoms he said, "I'm spoiled."

I was confused and said, "You're spoiled?"

"Yes, I'm spoiled with your cookies."

All together now, "Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!"

"Well," I replied, "You did marry a Baking Beauty!"

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, peanut blossoms. Sounds delicious. Great job to Emily on her centerpiece! It looks so Christmas-y! (As does your blog, Mom! Great choice of theme!)

    ReplyDelete