Thursday, September 30, 2010

I don't know how I feel about that....

It's been Spirit Week at Emily's High School. They have had some fun dress up days. On Wednesday, the Senior's were invited to dress up as Senior Citizens--befitting their Senior status, for sure. The Freshman of course dressed up as babies with the Sophomores and Juniors dressed up somewhere else in the human life time line.

Emily decided to raid my closet for the perfect "Senior Citizen clothes."

I don't know HOW I feel about that!

She chose a cute floral skirt, a blue sweater, and a pair of my chunky high heels. She added a pair of knee highs (from her own dresser thank you very much) that she rolled down to her ankles, one of my pearl necklaces, and put her hair in a bun. She combed corn starch in her hair to turn it a lovely shade of gray.

But, the finishing touch was adding a pillow and a couple of shirts to her "backside." One of her school teachers, when seeing her said, "Oh my! You even got a rearend implant!"

Emily handed out old candy from her old lady purse and went around all day calling everyone "young whipper-snappers" and moaning and groaning of her aches and pains.

She had a lovely time.

But, I don't know how I feel about having my clothes turned into senior citizen attire. I may never be able to wear that outfit again.


2 comments:

  1. Very funny! I can't believe how much she's getting into these. I don't think Bear Creek did near as intense spirit day themes.

    I love that she handed candy out from her old lady purse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But but... That's not an old lady purse.. I actually use that bag every day! /=

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete