Thursday, April 1, 2010

Procrastination

Easter is one of my favorite holidays. It's a time to reflect on Jesus Christ's life, his sacrifice for us on the cross, and the miracle of his resurrection. I also like it because it means spring has arrived. One of my favorite times of the year (minus the allergies) is spring.

I also really like Easter candy--specifically Reese's Peanut Butter Easter Eggs. Imagine a peanut butter cup but egg-shaped and somehow much more satisfying. I usually buy my Easter candy several weeks early. However, I have learned through sad experience that if I have candy too early, it's gone before Easter which means I need to make another trip and buy more.

In an effort to keep the candy out of my mouth and the pounds off my hips, I postponed my Easter Candy shopping trip until yesterday.

I will never do that again.

Armed with coupons saving me $1.00 to $2.00 on various selections, I eagerly made my way to the Easter section at Target. Ron and Emily love the Starburst jelly beans and those made my way into my shopping cart. I picked up several more bags of candy and then began anxiously scanning the aisle for my beloved Reese's Peanut Butter eggs. I couldn't find them. I checked again more carefully. Yes, there was the advertised sales price listing the peanut butter eggs. Yes, there was the section that SHOULD have held the Reece's Peanut Butter eggs. But, there was not one package anywhere in sight!

I am not kidding when I say that I was very disappointed. Easter would not be the same without my beloved peanut butter eggs. My hips would probably thank me, but my taste buds definitely would be very deprived. I walked up and down all the aisles containing Easter merchandise thinking that maybe I would find an abandoned package somewhere. No luck. With a heavy heart I made my way to the checkout stands.

As I was preparing to stand in line I saw a shelf holding.....Reece's Peanut Butter Easter Eggs! I counted 12 packages. I grabbed two (I didn't want to be too greedy) and rejoiced!

The moral of the story is...when you really, REALLY look forward to one certain candy all year long, don't wait too long. You might not be able to find it.

So, what's your favorite Easter candy?

2 comments:

  1. HALLELUJAH! Praise the Lord for Reeses Peanut Butter Cups!

    I am rejoicing in my heart, and even though I'm looking at you right now with a normal expression on my face, my heart is singing...

    Easter wouldn't be Easter without Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, Starburst Jellybeans, and of course, Jesus. [:

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I had to go to Walgreens last night to get more mouthwash, and I ended up getting a couple of Cadbury eggs for Tim and a two-pack of peanut butter eggs for me, just because of this blog entry!

    ReplyDelete