Sunday, September 27, 2009

Long Distance Wedding Planning

Jennifer trying on wedding dresses. This is NOT the dress.

This evening Jennifer, Ron and I chatted on the phone. She is getting married in less than three months. We are trying to plan the details of her special day but it is complicated. Her fiance lives in Arizona. Jennifer lives in Utah. We live in California.

We caught up on her life and then began the series of questions that would help us know what had been accomplished recently. She shared her news, I shared ours. I then pulled out the wedding checklist and told her the "good news." We had accomplished nearly everything that should be done till that point in time. Then I shared the "not so good" news. She had a lot more tasks to complete in the next couple of weeks.

Karen helping Jennifer look for wedding dresses.

It's been frustrating to not be with her--helping her shop, choosing specific colors, helping with all the details. I am so grateful for wonderful sisters who have stepped in and been the surrogate moms as she looked for wedding dresses. I am grateful for her sisters who have offered her their love and support. I am grateful to her friends who run her around town since she doesn't have a car. I am grateful for my friends who have offered their assistance to help make this day memorable for one of my sweet daughters.

I know all the long distance planning will come together and I cannot wait to be there as Jacob and Jennifer are sealed for time and all eternity. This will be one of those "red letter days" that all mothers dream about for their children.

1 comment:

  1. I've done the long distance wedding planning. It is really tough to do. I hated not being able to go dress shopping too although even when I did get to go with Amanda I don't remember getting to lounge around like Karen. Lucky.

    I do remember that excitement of getting to see the final selection in an email photo. I recollect being a bit teary eyed for lots of reasons. This may not be the final dress but Jennifer looks beautiful. It is fun to see and feel a part of it just a bit.

    ReplyDelete