Monday, September 28, 2009

Slow Cooker Lasagna

Mondays are piano lesson day at my home. I finish teaching around 5:30 pm. I don't particularly feel like fixing something elaborate that late, so frequently I will fix a slow cooker meal.

Recently I discovered a new recipe in Kraft's Food and Family magazine. Our family enjoyed it a lot and I will definitely be making this again. It may seem a little strange to have oval (or round shaped) lasagna, but don't let the shape of the dish fool you. This is a very easy and tasty recipe. I cook this recipe in a medium sized slow cooker.


Slow Cooker Lasagna

Prep: 15 minutes Cook on low: 6 hours Total: 6 hours 15 minutes
Serves 8

1 lb. ground beef
1 jar (26 oz) spaghetti sauce
1 cup water
1 15 oz. container of Ricotta cheese
7 oz. Mozzarella Cheese, divided (about 3 cups)
1/4 c. grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
1 egg
2 T. chopped fresh parsley
6 lasagna noodles, uncooked

Brown meat in large skillet, drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and water. Set aside.
Mix ricotta, 1 1/2 c. mozzarella, 2 Tbsp Parmesan, egg, and parsley.

Spoon 1 cup meat sauce into slow cooker; top with layers of half each of the noodles, broken to fit, and cheese mixture. Cover with 2 cups of the remaining meat sauce. Top with remaining noodles, broken to fit, cheese mixture and meat sauce. Cover with lid.

Cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses, let stand covered, about 10 minutes or until melted.

NOTE: For best results, do not cook on the HIGH setting.

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me, I want to cook that lasagna, or maybe I want Bob or Megan to cook it for me. No I definetly want to cook it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete