Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Juggling Act

The past couple of weeks I've been waking up very early. Four am, 4:30 am, sometimes even earlier. The sad thing is I can't fall back to sleep. I think it's because I have so many things to do right now. I feel like I'm juggling many activities--all great activities and my brain says, "Loralee, it's time to wake up! You don't have time to sleep."

Early this morning I pictured myself wearing a clown costume and juggling lots of balls.

One ball was labeled stake young women leadership meeting. That's coming up in less than a month and there is still so much to do. One ball was labeled tri-stake dance. That's in about a months time. I arranged for the DJ (thanks Brother Michael!) but that's about it. One ball is my BYU Independent Study class. I'm taking a Psychology class right now on Leadership. I'm really enjoying it, but it does take work. Another ball is Jennifer's wedding. I guess I should say, Jennifer's reception. She has the wedding part down pretty well. Getting married in the temple sure takes a lot of stress off THAT part of the day! Another ball is running the household, another one being a supportive wife as Ron transitions to long distance commuting, and of course, one of the most important balls is being the kind of Mom that Emily and the other girls need right now.

With so much going on, I'm not sure if I am doing anything well. If I drop a ball now and then, try to understand that I'm doing the best that I can. And I'll promise that I'll pick it up as soon as I can and keep on going.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are able to sleep at least a little bit better now that Dad has a job!

    ReplyDelete