Monday, June 4, 2012

Announcing....

I enjoy making announcements--especially if they are of the happy variety.

A few weeks ago, I sent a text to my married darling daughters with the following announcement:

BREAKING NEWS!  I purchased my first watermelon of the summer!

Now, that might not be breaking news for MOST people, but for me with my passion for sweet and juicy watermelon, it was a big deal.  I LOVE watermelon!  It's my favorite fruit and when I purchased my first one sometime the middle of May, it was big news for me. 

Of course, my darling daughters responded with cheers.  They know how much watermelon means to me.  I can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner and sometimes afternoon and before bedtime snacks.  Do you get a little sense of WHY buying my first watermelon was such big news? 


About eight years ago, I got up in the front of Relief Society to share some other good news.

I announced that after four daughters and 23 years of marriage I was finally expecting a son!

Of course, there was much exclamations from the women in the room.  Emily was 10 at the time.  That's a pretty big gap between a fourth and fifth child.  However, it was my way of announcing Christie's engagement and that we were finally getting a son-in-law.

So, yesterday I did it again.

I made a big announcement in Young Women because that is where I currently serve. 

I walked to the front of the room and twirled.  (That is what the young women do in this ward--they twirl when they want to share good news.)

With a catch in my voice and a few tears in my eyes, I pulled out an apron that was given to me by darling daughter Heather and her husband Dustin on Mother's Day. 


This is a smile of pure joy!                           

Yes, I am going to be a grandmother sometime the end of November or beginning of December. 

I LOVE making happy announcements!

2 comments:

  1. Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Yippee Ki Yay! and any other super happy words I can't think of this late at night! So happy for you all!!

    I mean...I really love watermelon too. Thanks for letting me know to start looking in the store for them. ;-)

    ReplyDelete