Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ron

Once upon a time there was a young girl who had just completed her third semester of college. She had been dating one young man steadily and then one evening, he never showed up for their date. No phone call, no explanation, no nothing. When she saw him at church the following Sunday, she asked him what happened and he hemmed and hawed and didn't make any sense. She wasn't terribly thick-headed so she knew that this relationship was over.

During the two week Christmas break, she nursed her semi-broken heart. The entire trip back to Utah she thought about the upcoming semester and planned how she would stay so busy that she would forget her "old boyfriend."

The first Friday night back, she was talking to her friend and roommate during a late night gab session. "Melinda," she said in a semi-serious voice, "I need to find a man!" They decided to attend the Saturday night Wilkinson Center dance. One of their Family Home Evening "brothers" also wanted to attend the dance so the three of them went together. They were having a good time and then this young girl saw "him." He stood out from all the rest of the young men and she hoped that he would ask her to dance. Less than a minute passed before he approached her, asked if she would like to dance and of course she said, "yes." They spent the rest of the evening together, laughing and talking. She couldn't remember ever having so much fun and feeling so comfortable with someone so quickly. He took her home, asked for her phone number and made plans for a date a few nights later.

This is how I met Ron. For my second item on my "virtual gratitude poster" I would write in large letters, Ron!

I am so grateful for his love and support. He is a wonderful husband, loving father, great provider, and terrific companion. I am so grateful that my roommate supported me in my quest to "find a man" and that we met that wonderful January evening. He has brought me great joy and happiness.

And now will you indulge me when I ask him out on a date?

Deeeeeear Ron,

How would you like to go to brunch with me
Saturday morning to Mimi's Cafe? They have delicious omlettes and tasty muffins. I know it will be very, very fun!

Loooooooove,

Loralee

2 comments:

  1. Yes, he did and our breakfast was delightful! I ordered the Monterey omlette and Dad had the Cajun omlette or New Orleans omlette or something that reminded him of his mission.

    ReplyDelete