Monday, November 2, 2009

I Feel My Savior's Love

One activity that our family enjoys each November is coming up with a list of our blessings. I usually have a small poster board taped to a kitchen wall and throughout the month, we list things that we are grateful for. This month, most of my blog posts will be an virtual poster board as I share the things I am grateful for.

This past year I have come to appreciate, love, and know my Savior, Jesus Christ in a greater, deeper way. As I have studied the Atonement, I realize that as He suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane, that He not only took on the sins of all mankind, but also our sorrows, sicknesses, and tribulations as well. When I am hurting or sick, He knows what I'm feeling and that thought brings me great comfort. Perhaps no one else knows exactly what I am going through--but my Savior does.


I also know that He knows the end from the beginning. He knows what experiences we need to reach our full potential. Sometimes these experiences are challenging and we would prefer not to go through them. But, when we look back, many times we can see how much we have grown.

Today I was reading the Church News. President Eyring recently spoke about this principle as he spoke to 77 stake in Northern Utah.

"Jesus Christ reigns in the affairs of men, even though many or most people fail to recognize His hand. He does not give an assurance of all that we might want, but we have a sure way to gain His assistance even in the worst of times. The kingdom of God in the earth is His Restored Church."

He then advised members to put the kingdom of God first in their lives and trust in the Lord for the rest, and that if they do so they will have the Lord's help while confronting life's inevitable difficulties.

I know that this is true. How grateful I am for the love of our Savior. How grateful I am for His tender mercies in my family's lives. I am grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I hope that I can become more like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment