Saturday, January 22, 2011

You are a Winner!

Don't you love when you turn on you computer and you see an e-mail announcing "Congrats--you are a winner!"

Oh, it wasn't announcing that I was the winner of some Nigerian lottery that said, "All we need to verify that YOU are a WINNER is your social security number, your bank information, and oh yes, a promise that you'll give up your first born.

That would be creepy.

It wasn't an e-mail announcing that I had won one million dollars from the Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes.

Don't I wish.

It wasn't even an e-mail from Deseret Book announcing that I was a winner in their "New Authors contest" and they were publishing my upcoming children's novel, The Bloody Blobs.

Now, THAT would be a dream come true!

No, it was much simpler than that. Today, I found out I won a copy of The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate from Goodreads website.

There was great jumping up and down in my chair and gleeful shrieking when I read that I won.

You would think I won the Nigerian Lottery or the Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes. You would think that perhaps I was appearing on Oprah's Show as a guest to discuss my Fletcherizing Issues. You would think I had won an all-expense vacation to New York City to say good-bye to "The Great One"--Regis Philbin before he retired. You would think that perhaps I was making my debut appearance on "The Tonight Show" with "California Sister" as we reveled the audience with our comedy routine.

Of course, none of those things happened. But I WON a book and I couldn't be happier.

It's on its way to my mailbox and when I finish reading it, I will post a scintillating review on Goodreads and also let you know, my Internet Friends just what I thought of this book.

I bet you can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Didn't you win a book before too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is the second book I've won. I had a feeling I might win this one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to be your friend on goodreads. I'm in a reading rut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to be your friend on goodreads. I have found a lot of good books that way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You haven't gotten a call from Oprah yet?

    ReplyDelete